For New Customers
My customers are the best, and I want you to be very happy with your purchase.
Here’s what happens next…
Note: These instructions may look complex, but they’re not.
(I’m a very thorough person, so I’m including every step, even if it takes a split second and is very obvious.)
Have a question or a problem? No problem! I’m just an email away, and I’m happy to talk you through each step. 99% of the time, the solution is simple, and I’m happy to be helpful.
Keep in mind: Many of my customers are professional webmasters, I usually assume everything’s fine, unless I hear otherwise. So, if you’re confused, speak up!
You may want to print this page so you can follow it easily as you work.
IF IT’S AN AUCTION
- First, pay for the auction. The PayPal address is the same one on my contact information, in the extended details of the auction. (If you’re not sure, use the Flippa contact form or my contact form at this website, to ask me.)
- If you’d like to use Flippa’s standard contract of sale, that’s fine with me. For amounts under $500, I generally do not bother with escrow.
- Contact me to begin the transfer of the domain name and website files. In some cases, I can continue hosting your new website. My usual fee is $45/year for a single-site cPanel account at Hostgator*.
- If you already have hosting and it includes cPanel (most hosting services do), I’ll provide FlipMe Clone files. That’s an easy way to install both WordPress and your new website with a few clicks.
- If you’re using GoDaddy hosting, or another host that doesn’t provide cPanel access, I’ll give you WP-Twin files, or WP Export files, and — if needed — a zipped copy of all the site files plus WP database backups.
- Install your website files.
- Personalize your website by changing the Amazon affiliate links and keys in plugins such as Amaz-One and Amazon Products in Post.
- Sit back and enjoy your new website!
Reminder: Unless you’d like me to continue hosting the site, you must accept the domain name transfer and move the website to your own hosting within 30 days of purchase.
At the end of 30 days, I usually delete sold websites from my hosting.
IF YOU’VE CHOSEN A READYMADE WEBSITE (CONTENT ONLY)
- Order the website you’d like to own. If the button doesn’t work, it means I’ve already sold all available copies of that particular website. Try another one, they’re all good!
- After your purchase, you will receive download links information by email.
- Follow the links and save the files on your hard drive.
- Install the site with your FlipMe Clone files, or WP-Twin files. (See the tutorials at this website for how-to instructions.)
- Personalize the plugins with your own information. It’s especially important to update the affiliate information. Most of these changes are one-step easy.
- Enjoy your new website!
IF IT’S A WEBSITE + DOMAIN NAME
- First, purchase the site. If the payment link doesn’t seem to work, someone else has already purchased that site. I’m sorry when that happens, but don’t worry, I’m adding new sites regularly.
- You’ll receive an email with information about — and links to — the files you’ll download.
- Contact me to start the domain name transfer. That’s a free transfer if you already have a (free) account at the registrar, usually Namecheap but sometimes Dynadot. (See the listing to be sure.) If you want the domain transferred to a different registrar, ask me to unlock the domain name and provide you with the EPP code.
- Once the domain name has been transferred, set the DNS information to your hosting service. (I recommend Hostgator.)
- F0llow steps 4 – 6 listed above, as if you’d purchased a readymade or content-only site.
If setting up a website seems too confusing, or you’re too busy to do this, there are alternatives from Fiverr.com helpers, to hiring me (when I have time) to do the work for you.
To have me supervise the website installation, or move the files for you…
(You’ll need about 20 minutes to set all of this up and email me. I’ll need about one weekday to move the files for you.)
In your dashboard, go to Users > Add New to give me temporary access to your website. Choose any username and any password you like, and make me an Administrator for the account. (You’ll delete this after I’ve installed the website.)
Then, give me that information, plus the FTP login information so I can upload files to the account. That will look like:
- FTP: ftp.yoursite.com
- Username: somename (or, at some servers, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: anypasswordyoulike
I will transfer the files, log into your WordPress dashboard to make sure everything looks okay, and then email you as soon as the files are ready for you to use.
Once that’s complete, you’re in full control of your new website. Congratulations!
It’s fine to delete my User record from your WordPress files. You may also change your FTP login information, if you like. (Both are very good ideas whenever you’ve given someone access to the behind-the-scenes side of your website.)
CONFUSED? HAVE QUESTIONS?
Remember, I’m just an email away. I want you to be so happy with your purchase, you become a regular customer and a friend.
Use the Contact form, linked at the top of this page.
I’m usually online every weekday from 9 or 10 a.m. until around 6 p.m. GMT.
* I’ve used a variety of hosting services since I built my first website around 1996. Some were better hosts than others.
Generally, I do not recommend GoDaddy. From what I’ve seen, they make things too complicated, especially for new webmasters.
I highly recommend HostGator. You can ask me to continue hosting your website at my HostGator Reseller account, but for just a little bit more, you can have your own, basic HostGator account. Since Hostgator provides round-the-clock tech support, you’re always minutes away from receiving any answers or help you might need.
This banner features their latest discount offer for the kind of hosting you need. I recommend it.
Reward: Sign up for Hostgator through my link, and I’ll install your new website, free.